Monday, September 26, 2011

A Woman...

After God's Own Heart. I started the devotional last night, hesitant about the title, worried it would be so cheesy and I would be too cool to take it. Instead, I was pleasantly met with a pretty straight forward look at a way to read and learn about how to be more like Christ.

The first chapter was about yielding. OH MY GOSH. I could spend a year learning how to yield and be still. It's not in my DNA. And yet the things that I read made so much sense.

Be Still and know that I am God.
It matters not whether I have little or I have much. I am fulfilled because I have God and the promise of His son and I can get through anything.
God can only work in your life in proportion to which you die to sin.

Paraphrasing, but you get the point.
I am excited to read it again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment