Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fall Boot Round Up

I'm a little annoyed with the trendy, everywhere-you-look-ness of boots, but at the same time, I love them. It's true. I am a walking paradox. Here are a few I have my eye on this fall.
The Dolce Vita Zela boot. The name just rolls right off the tongue and the color, in person, is beautiful and fresh. I almost purchased these boots today, but held back because 1) I want to shop on our trip and 2) I don't know if I can pull off a suede boot. I feel like I ruin everything suede. I hate that about me.
The Dolce Vita Darice boot. Also beautiful and black. And I bought black boots end of season last year and now I hate them. Hmmph. I might try to sell them, I think I wore them twice. I would like to trade for something more like these.
The Steve Madden Frannk Boot. Okay, here's the truth, I own these. They are about two years old. They've served me well and I've always gotten a million compliments on them. So while at times I've wondered if they're a little butch, I also value the purpose they have served as a boot, and wonder if at $119, I should just purchase them again?

Here's the thing. Mid-analysis thought. I usually wear skinny jeans with heels. I am nearing the temporary departure from my heel wearing days as I get further into my pregnancy...so I need some great boots, otherwise, what does one wear skinnies with? Especially when you're top heavy? Back to the point.

The DKNY Pamela Wedge Bootie. Gray. So nice. Love the little ruffle. Am I a bootie person? Maybe the bootie is this year's answer to my exhaustion with boots? Something to think about.

Hot damn this Steve by Steve Madden Brix boot is cute. $340 cute? I don't know...but I do wish I owned a pair.

The Nine West Fango boot. An interesting height. Cute buckles and yet a bit tough and outdoorsy. Maybe I need to figure out how to pull something like this, in suede, off.

The Tory Burch Rowan boot. This one is a surprise addition to the list because as a rule, I think Tory Burch stuff is tacky. It couldn't be less interesting or more branded. But I really like these, though I would like them better without the giant "I paid $400 for these shoes" Tory Burch logo on the top.

Okay, that's all I got for now. There are a lot of boots out there. Would love to hear or see your fall favorites, all you readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment