Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Better Woman Today

I plan to be a better woman today.
Every time I read these blogs I realize I have to be. These women are so strong and so inspiring and every time I get a glimpse into what they are dealing with, I realize that I have NOTHING to complain or worry about.

The first blog is Katie's Keepers and she was actually my best friend Katie's big sister. Katie (as in Keepers, Katie) is such a strong christian woman. She has two beautiful little boys and a sweet little girl in heaven that she lost just days after giving birth. Following her story and watching her struggle and also find joy is super inspiring to me, and many others, you can tell by the comments people leave her. Check it out here.

The second blog is called Exploring Holland and it's written by a woman who is living with two kids who have the worst disease I have ever heard of, San Filippo. This disease is very rare, but basically the child gets to a certain age and then starts to revert backwards. Losing skills as simple as talking, eating, walking, until they die at a very early age. It sounds absolutely ridiculous and horrifying, right? It is. And her bravery through it and just watching her go through the struggle makes me admire her so much. I cry almost every time I read it- and I realize I don't see a glimpse of it. There are some strong women in this world. Link to her blog here.

So read these not to be sad, but to remember what you have. That's what I try to do anyway. Have a good Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment